- Robust and simple access from everywhere (ETS, GPA, Homeserver, IP devices, camera)
- Fast setup – no configuration needed on the router
- Also maintain non-KNX systems remotely thanks to the integrated VPN1
- Independent of provider and type of Internet access (LTE, etc.)
- Security through access control and encryption
- The smart home uses e-mail, SMS or voice message to send information on events
- Meet customer wishes quicker, no more appointments or journey times
- No follow-up costs (excluding SMS services, voice messages)2
The SMART CONNECT KNX Remote Access is simply connected to the home network. It then connects to the portal server (www.securedeviceaccess.net) automatically through your existing Internet connection. Communication between the Remote Access and the portal server is encrypted and secured with digital certificates.
With a connection to the home network, you can now access almost all of your network devices using the Internet. Depending on the network protocols supported by the respective device, access occurs directly through the SDA portal server or through the SDA client software available for windows platforms. As the SMART CONNECT KNX Remote Access version 6.1 and higher also works as a VPN server, you can now also easily perform many maintenance tasks remotely, which you could not realise with the Remote Access previously. You can use the KNX connection to connect the Remote Access with the KNX installation in your home. This enables you, or your electrical installer, to access your KNX devices from anywhere, e.g. with the ETS.
Don't worry, though. The portal server is located in Germany and is subject to the German Data Protection Law.
With the latest update V6.1 the SMART CONNECT KNX Remote Access gets an extensive VPN feature. The Remote Access serves as a VPN server. This allows you to work in the remote network without needing to make complicated router settings. Also, you can maintain not only KNX systems remotely, but any other systems.
The SMART CONNECT KNX Remote Access version 6.1 and higher also supports KNX Secure.
You can update the gateway free of charge using the integrated function on the device web page.
Note: From firmware version 6.1, remote maintenance via the ETS is only possible in combination with version 1.30 of the SDA client for Windows. Therefore, please also update your SDA client for Windows.
- Secure remote maintenance and configuration of KNX installations via ETS5
- Secure remote maintenance and configuration via Gira Project Assistant (GPA)
- Secure remote maintenance and configuration via Gira HomeServer Expert
- Remote maintenance/remote access via VPN
- Secure remote access to web-based visualisations (HTML)
- Secure remote access to visualisations with Gira X1 or Gira HomeServer
- Secure remote access to elements such as cameras, router and printer
- Secure data transfer through encryption
- Firmware 6.1 and higher fully supports KNX Secure (an FDSK is already contained in devices which were supplied with at least firmware 4.0 ex factory)
- Convenient remote diagnostics by saving and retrieving telegram recordings with the data logger
- Time server to send time and date on the bus at configurable intervals
- Easy to use regardless of provider and router (LTE or landline, IPv4)
- Optimised KNX/IP communication for the use of mobile and very slow connections
- Integrated IP interface with up to three tunnel connections (ETS bus or group monitor)
- Access management of users and groups can also be controlled via KNX objects
- Support for 50 notifications (e-mail, SMS2, voicemessage2, IFTTT)
- Notification triggers can be individually configured (filters, conditions, hysteresis)
- Threshold value specification for notifications
- Integrated Ethernet switch with two RJ45 sockets
- 2 GB data volume per month
- Unlimited usage duration and 5 years guaranteed server operation
- Portal server is located in Germany and is subject to the German Data Protection Law
- Extensions via firmware updates
1. Chargeable additional service sms77 or Messagebird
2. Possible to choose between Layer 2 (TAP) and Layer 3 (TUN) to use VPN on Windows